[vdr] Re: two VDR boxes

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 13:45:43 +0300, Lauri Tischler <lwgt@iki.fi> wrote:

> Is there any reason why following would not work
> - primary main VDR box with large /video directories
> - secondary VDR (in bedroom) without /video,
>    /video is nfs-mounted from primary box.
>
> All recordings would then be available for both boxes.

This is no problem. I have one large server and multiple clients.

> Would the boxes be conflicting when handling recordings ?

Yes, may be. I do recordings only on my 4 DVB card server.

> What happens when both boxes are recording the same show ?

When the filenames are the same then the recording is destroyed. I had
this once when on the server two identical recordings started. Both
recordings were interleaved.

Emil

Home | Main Index | Thread Index