[vdr] Re: two VDR boxes

Huber, Matthias RD-CP1 wrote:

Hi,
I'm working on a "ClientMode"-Patch for VDR, for use in a client-server
VDR environment with no DFB cards in the clients. In fact, my clients
are diskless VDRs without recording capability, streaming via streamdev
plugin.
The patch adds a "ClientMode" entry to the setup. If set to yes, the
timers list will be synchronized with the server and every modification
on the client side results in an immediate change on the server side
(via SVDRP). Recording of the client side will be suppressed, every
record command (even timeshifting) leads to recording on the server.
This way, the VDR clients act as fully transparent frontends to the VDR
server.
The patch is ready to test, but I had not yet time to test it.
Any comments are wellcome.
I'd like to know how you implemented it (since you didnt send the patch). What happens if the svdrp connections cannot be established / blocks? I for instance use kvdr and also vdradmin on the server side and thus it can happen that you cant establish a svdrp connection / have to wait for it.

Could you mail me the patch / put it onto the web and publish it?

kind regards Philip

Home | Main Index | Thread Index