[vdr] Re: Minimum hardware requirements for vdr-xine?

On 05.10.2004 14:30, Torgeir Veimo wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 14:04 +0200, Thomas Weber wrote:
> >
> > I'm using the xine plugin very successfully on a Athlon XP1700 with a
> > NVidia Geforce 4MX.
> > Using the nvidia.com driver had a very positive performance impact
> > because auf the xvmc architecture.
> > CPU utilization is usually around 20-25%.
>
> How is deinterlacing done when using xvmc? In the gfx hardware using
> simple bob or weave deinterlacing?

AFAIK current xine's don't support hardware accelerated deinterlacing
anymore. AFAIK only the scaler and MAYBE the color-conversion is done in
hardware.

So you are free to use any deinterlacer you want. Personaly i use
"linear blend".

And btw. Playing back recordings (stored on a loop-aes encrypted
partition) works flawlessly on a PII-400 with NVidia Gefoce 4MX
(1280x1024) as long as you use "xv". "Pure software" (Xshm) isn't fast
enough and looks UGLY.

Bis denn