[vdr] Re: Got Xine-lib, Xine-ui to compile... but...

I was running vdr from the command line and it says the vdr-xine:
client-connecting...  which I had when this config was working before so this
looks normal.

I fire xine up from the command line with the verbose option below and with
the MRL to the vdr stream and this is the output:

xine: found demuxer plugin: Elementary MPEG stream demux plugin
video discontinuity #1, type is 0, disc_off 0
waiting for audio discontinuity #1
audio discontinuity #1, type is 0, disc_off 0
waiting for in_discontinuity update #1
vpts adjusted with prebuffer to 21551
load_plugins: plugin dxr3-mpeg2 failed to instantiate itself.
load_plugins: plugin mpeg2 will be used for video streamtype 00.
gui_xine_open_and_play():
        mrl: 'vdr://tmp/vdr-xine/stream#demux:mpeg_pes',
        sub 'NONE',
        start_pos 0, start_time 0, av_offset 0, spu_offset 0.
xine: found input plugin  : VDR display device plugin
read(): Success.
xine: found demuxer plugin: mpeg pes demux plugin
video discontinuity #2, type is 0, disc_off 0
waiting for audio discontinuity #2
audio discontinuity #2, type is 0, disc_off 0
waiting for in_discontinuity update #2
vpts adjusted with prebuffer to 28677
av_offset=0 pts
spu_offset=0 pts
xine_play
__play_internal ...done

The problem is that I don't get any video or audio and I don't get any menus
-- VDR seems frozen because I can't even change channels up and down like I
used to with the arrow keys (I can when xine isn't running).  So not sure
what is happening.  I removed and recompiled everything just to be sure --
checking all of my drive mappings and still same thing.  I'm running VDR
1.3.11 and one of my other questions was about softdevice and it suggests
1.3.12 so I will give it a shot.

Norm

On October 8, 2004 02:00 am, Jouni Karvo wrote:
> hello,
>
>  > Any suggestions what might be wrong?
>
> check vdr output (you can run vdr directly from command line), and try
> running xine with --verbose=2
>
> Have you checked that the paths defined in vdr-xine plugin's Makefile
> are correct for your setup?
>
> yours,
>   Jouni

Home | Main Index | Thread Index