[vdr] System-Freeze when switching to ARD

Hi,

since I am reading a lot about problems with the driver, I thought, I might
remind you about a VERY BAD bug in VDR/DVB:

Sometimes, when zapping to ARD I get a complete System-Freeze. I am not the only one
with this problem. See this thread in german VDR-Portal: Klick

I think, when switching to that transponder, the driver is getting "bad" data, whitch cause
a endless loop inside, so the system freezes.

I am now running VDR 1.3.12 on Kernel 2.4.28pre4 and DVB-20040727.

Tested this with many differend kernels/drivers/VDR. The only thing, that I can say is that
it likely happens, when VDR is running for hours. And it has nothing to do with the EPG-scan.
(disabled it).

Maybe someone of the driver-develpoers can look into this.

Thanx.

Tilo

Home | Main Index | Thread Index