[vdr] Re: Upgrade from 1.2.6 to 1.3.x ?

Dirk a écrit :
- What are the benefits from the user point of view?
* automatic channels scanning
* nice UI

- Are there any compatibility changes in a way that
   I have to convert any data or config files?
* setup.conf / ca.conf, if you have a CI/CAM (documented)

- Can I switch between 1.2.6 and 1.3.x (e.g. by changing a symlink)?
* Debian packages exist for 1.2.6 and 1.3.x-dev : they can be installed concurently, and 1.3 use a *copy* of the 1.2 conf files

- Are there any drawbacks I have to know about?
* I didn't really use 1.2.6, so I can't tell.
* you should stick to the latest 1.3.x at all times, thus recompile everything at each release. Not much work, at this level of stability, though.
* take care if you use many plug-ins and patches : some won't compile out of the box when a new release gets out, but that's the fun of a developper version
* you have to sign-up for mandatory bug reporting ;-)

--
NH

Home | Main Index | Thread Index