[vdr] bitstreamout vs. AC3overDVB audio delay?

Hi,

I've been using bitstreamout-0.61b with vdr-1.2.6 for a couple of days,
works just fine, basically. The only annoying thing is a permanent
delay of the audio stream vs. the video by about 100-200 ms (compared
to analog audio out on my Siemens 1.3 FF card), for stereo channels as
well as AC3 channels. The machine is a 533 MHz Via C3 on an Epia5000
board. Question: what is the most likely source of delay?  bitstreamout
on this relatively slow machine?  The DD receiver (Quelle/Universum
DVD-DR4026)? Would AC3overDVB produce less delay (I have no idea if this
DD receiver understands AC3overDVB, would have to test)???  Would the
mp2audio patch for vdr-1.2.6 help with the stereo channels (didn't try
it yet)?

What are your experiences?

TIA!

--
Please click on the following link to crash Windows:
file:///C|/con/con

Home | Main Index | Thread Index