[vdr] Re: How to kill an svdrp connection from vdr ?

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

So basicly you're saying that there may never be any new error, whatsoever?

If the application doesn't know an error, then it should treat it
as an "unknown error". After all, I _must_ be free to add new error
messages as they become necessary!
Of course you're free to add errors. But this error is different from a normal error. This new error is a temporary error where the application should just get the new timer list and try it again. This is imho different from a normal error where the app most likely should give up.

Aw, imho there is no need to discuss this further, you're the boss and I really appreciate what you've done already so lets do not start a holy war regarding design issuses of things which you'll implement anyway :)

kind regards Philip

Home | Main Index | Thread Index