[vdr] Re: Interlacing

Tony Houghton a écrit :
Anyway, I presume the problem with these shows is that they're broadcast
interlaced, and surely the reason for that is to match the interlacing
on the TV, so deinterlacing shouldn't be necessary if the player could
sync the interlacing of the stream to the interlacing of the TV output.
This might be a bit tricky with the Voodoo, because the X modeline I
have to use with it (see below) is not interlaced, so it must be doing
the interlacing in hardware. I haven't worked out whether the software
sees it as a 25Hz or 50Hz mode, but I think it's the latter, in which
case I suppose it would have to provide the user with an option to force
it to sync to even or odd frames IYSWIM.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
I've been told DirectFB does a better job to provide sync signals to software. First check Voodoo3 support in DirectFB, check if the drivers provide sync interupts, then try xine over DirectFB, or softdevice.

--
NH

Home | Main Index | Thread Index