[vdr] Re: Interlacing

On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 14:45 +0100, Tony Houghton wrote:

> Can I run X (preferably at 800x600) on my existing graphics card and
> display it on my TV by passing it through the DXR3? And using the MPEG
> driver will override the pass-through? If so that would be perfect.
> I've been offered a Hollywood card, which is the same thing, complete
> with pass-through cable, for £15.

No the card will not transform a VGA signal into a video signal.

Believe me, the quality of most VGA on TV solutions are vastly lacking
in comparision to a properly set up video output only solution like the
dxr3. Don't know about the hw+, but you can check if it works ok on
dxr3.sf.net.

Are you in London? I have a spare dxr3 collecting dust that you can pick
up.

--
Torgeir Veimo <torgeir@pobox.com>

Home | Main Index | Thread Index