[vdr] Re: VDR developer version 1.3.14

Laurence Abbott wrote:

> > Yesterday was again an (almost) perfectly working day for 1.3.14.
> > Just once did the vdr not retune to live channels after I watched a
> > recording, but it retuned cleanly after selecting the channel anew.
>
> Hmmm...I'm starting to think that the new buffer-handling routines are
> mores sensitive to artifacts in the signal due to weather, etc.

I don't think that the changes to the buffer handling could cause this.
However, I did refurbish the code in cRemux that detects frame borders
(and thus picture types). Maybe I broke something in there...

> My DVB-T
> signal has always had a few artifacts in it (probably a combination of
> weak transmitters, aerial, etc.) but pre 1.3.13 versions seemed to make
> less of an issue of them. Now I am seeing vdr restarting in the middle
> of recordings with:
>
> Oct 28 23:05:07 vdr vdr[8106]: ERROR: no useful data seen within
> 10486828 byte of video stream
> Oct 28 23:05:07 vdr vdr[8106]: initiating emergency exit
> Oct 28 23:05:07 vdr vdr[8106]: emergency exit requested - shutting down
>
> type errors! Never got these at all before, or not that I noticed.
>
> I've found the //#define DEBUGRINGBUFFERS bit in ringbuffer.h but I'm
> not really sure what the output means to try to debug this!

This prints a visual display of all ringbuffers, which is rather
helpful when testing buffer handling.

Klaus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index