[linux-dvb] Re: (No ˙so-8859-1?Q?sub?ject) ˙SO-8859-1?Q?Can?t_locate_module_char-major-250?

Moin Marko!
Marko Kohtala schrieb am Dienstag, den 02. Oktober 2001:

> If you then add into /etc/modules.conf something like
>
> alias char-major-250 dvb
> options dvb init_chan=2 pids_off=0 readfirm=1
> options saa7146_core mode=0

I fought some hours with modpobe and did not find a good solution for my
Debian packages - it allways loaded the modules in the wrong order, no
matter how I tuned modules.conf. Finaly I gave up and used an external
init script loading modules with insmod from an external directory, not
controlled by depmod/modprobe.

> I have not tried this. You may need to read man modules.conf and use the
> above/below definitions also to get all needed drivers loaded (most
> notably some I2C drivers). If you get it working, post it on the list
> for others to share.

Yes, please. I failed on this.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.