[linux-dvb] Re: DVB background info, linux-dvb architecture?

On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 07:58:00PM +0100, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:

> Other relevant standard documents are available from:
> http://www.dvb.org/
> http://www.etsi.org/

Just a clarification:

DVB.org seeme to be more a marketing site than a tech site. The standards
pages provide ETSI document names and numbers, but no links to the actual
documents. For the documents you have to visit etsi.org.

Etsi.org on the other hand offers "free downloads on an individual basis".
In essence you can download docs ;) When searching for docs, check the
"Standard Type and Doc N°" check box and search for the ETS standard
number you found from the dvb.org site. That produced the best results for
me at least.

> > Secondly - some reading to help understand the architecture of the
> > linux-dvb stuff - what the different components do and so forth?
>
> Documentation for the driver is provided with the driver sources
> (TeX format) and/or at http://www.linuxtv.org/developer/dvbapi.xml
> (PDF).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the PDF file seems to be outdated when I
compare the API doc to the actual implementation...?

-- Lauri