[linux-dvb] Re: Result: no RGB output possible :-(

Hi Hans and all,

At 12:53 23/01/2002 +0100, Hans-Guenter Luetke Uphues wrote:

>I've read this discussion with great interest.
>
>But, if RGB-out from the 2.1-board isn't possible,
>what about the YC-signals (S-VHS)? Is this possible or are there
>the same problems as with the RGB-pins?

The SVHS outputs (Y + C) are a subset of the RGB outputs. IOW, the
TMS320AV711x, as also hapen on most video encoders only have four
Digital to Analog Converters (DAC) and its a re-reused for the diferent
color modes; especifically, the Luminance (Y) can be at CVBS output or
at Green output and the Chrominance is at the Red output; of course,
after select the proper modes.

But the hope isn't lost, as with Matthias Lötzke nice idea of tap the
signals in the BGA_PCB and a few more tests, I think that will be
possible to have RGB ouputs on Rev 2.1 cards; I sent him yesterday some
files, to put its at his FTP, that show how I think that are routed the
RGB signals in the Rev 1.3 board.

More specifically, I think that this could be:

Conn.	Signal	AV711x_pin
J2_3		Blue		A3
J2_5		Green/Y	C6
J2_7		Reed/C	A6

I agree with Mathias that "peek" this signals is not a job for everyone,
so please be carefull and attempt it only if you are confident in your
skills! :-).

Best regards:

--
Roberto Deza Asensio