[linux-dvb] Re: Result: no RGB output possible :-(

Hi Jonny and all,

At 21:11 29/01/2002 +0100, Johann Hanne wrote:
>On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, Roberto Deza wrote:

>> Conn.	Signal	AV711x_pin
>> J2_3		Blue		A3
>> J2_5		Green/Y	C6
>> J2_7		Reed/C	A6
>>[..]
>Has somebody actually tried this out?

I returned my Rev 2.1 card :-).

>... If not, can you tell me where these
>pins actually are located?

The "pins" are actually balls under the DSP body!; for the manufacturing
process of the BGA package, all of the balls are routed to the border of
the PCB in the BGA package and its could be "picked" there with the idea
that Matthias Lötzke commented on 19:44 21/01/2002.

The pin references follow the standard numbering of BGA packages; from TI
page:

http://www.ti.com/sc/docs/psheets/type/bga.html

below is the package for the AV711x:

http://www-s.ti.com/sc/psheets/mpbg044a/mpbg044a.pdf

I did a small design the related area, showing what I think that could
be the layout for the RGB signals and commented previusly about it, in
the hope that someone could be interested on "host" it publically; I'll
send it to you.

Best regards:

--
Roberto Deza Asensio