[linux-dvb] Re: TT DVB-T - Further problems

Monday, 21. April 2003 13:53 Ed Wildgoose wrote:
> Is there anything different about your actual card to mine though?  Do
> you have a different chipset?  (Is there perhaps a couple of different
> TT DVB-T 1.2 cards floating around?).

Don't think so, also think that not many people using this card with the linux
driver. This card seems to be quite similar to the DVB-S and DVB-C cards from
Technotrend, probably only the frontend is different.

> Which version of the firmware are you using? (I
> posted the MD5 of my version to the list, and also tried the previous
> firmware version, which appeared to be slightly worse)

 MD5 is 53970ec17a538945a6d8cb608a7b3899 so it's the same as your version.

> Assuming that the cards are the same is there any other test that I
> could do to try and narrow down where the problem is actually coming
> from?  For me at least, the card *appears* to still be working, ie the
> tuner thinks it is tuning, its just that nothing comes out.

Does this only happen if you tune to a certain channel? How is the signal
strength of the different channels if you use tzap? Does it help to tune back
to another channel? I remember that this happend also here, when DVB-T still
was on test in Berlin. It looked like a crash of the frontends internal
system controller. That's why I would like to know if this also happens with
the windows driver, because then it could be a SP8870 firmware problem. I
tried to change the code to get a better reset of the system controller, but
didn't succeed. I think just reloading the dvb-ttpci module helped. Can you
find out if that's the same on your machine? Or do you have to reload all
modules?

Juergen