[linux-dvb] Re: Typhoon CI (budget-ci)

On Saturday 29 May 2004 01:19, Robert Schlabbach wrote:
> From: "Kenneth Aafløy" <ke-aa@frisurf.no>
> > I still can't read anything in this mode (every read returns 0),
> > which leads me to my question. What is this polling mode you talk
> > about?
>
> Not the problem at this point. The Typhoon CI may use a different memory
> mapping than the TT CI. You might want to dump the entire DEBI address
> range (0x0000 through 0xFFFF) and look for the strings that Andrew
> mentioned. Note that the attribute memory is only using _even_ addresses.

Yup, the memory space is not allowed to do unaligned reads, but that would
just result in an error bit in the psr and an invalid return (or would it
return the value at << x >> y?). What most of my reads return is 0xff all
over the board, but I've got other values by changing the debi_config and
gpios, but this is nothing like real values that you would read from
populated memory space, but rather mostly static values.

Thanks a lot for the map!

> > I'm also wondering about the XIRQ_EN mode of the debi, because that
> > also use gpio3. saa7146:7.15 mentions putting a block transfer on
> > hold by lowering gpio3, then beeing able to resume the transfer by
> > lifting it again. Is that the only speciality of this mode?
> > Does it have side effects?
>
> That feature is not used, you can safely disregard it.

Knowledge is the key, so if somebody can confirm/reject those two questions,
I'd appreaciate it.

> Note that the MPEG-2 transport stream will be re-routed through the CAM
> upon insertion/removal, and that EN50221 specifically allows for some
> packets to be lost during that time. That will result in the image pausing
> for a while as the MPEG-2 decoder needs to pause until it gets the next
> I-Frame.

Yes, I'm aware, but the myth livetv session was from my server across a
network on a nexus-s. While the typhoon card is in the frontend that I have
connected on the tv. :)

Thanks,
Kenneth