[linux-dvb] small modification to scan util from dvb-apps

Hello all,

I own a dvb-c card. And I was always meeting problems with the scan utility because when you ask for a szap format result, the frequencies are in kilohertz, and when asking for a vdr format result It is in megahertz.

And in france, the cable uses frequencies which are not megahertz rounded. For example 735 250 000 HZ

So I had to patch the source code of  dump-vdr.c, in function vdr_dump_dvb_parameters, in the FE_QAM case (dvb-c case as QAM is the modulation for cable), I changed the p->frequency / 1000000 by p->frequency / 1000

This change is really important as it crashed my vdr, but sometimes it was working, so it was not easy to find what was wrong.

Can this modification be included in dvb-apps scan utility ?

Sorry I don’t know how to do a diff.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index