[linux-dvb] Re: VDR record mpeg2 stream?

David Maslen wrote:

Nico Sabbi <nsabbi@tiscali.it> writes:

Il lun, 2004-08-02 alle 02:51, David Maslen ha scritto:

I use mplayer, or more precisely mencoder like this.

mencoder dvb://"$CHANNEL" -oac copy -ovc copy -quiet -endpos $TIME -o
$BASENAME.ts

with that command you copy the content of audio and video streams
but in avi; if you want it it mpeg add -of mpeg.
You can't save TS with mencoder, but you can with mplayer:

mplayer dvb://"$CHANNEL" -dumpstream -dumpfile CHANNEL.ts

Yes I could do it that way. I tried to use -of mpeg with mencoder and
found it didn't work. Since I wasn't sure that mpegs would work better
than avi's on the xbox I didn't pursue it.

maybe you have an old version of mplayer?

Why would you chose to use the -of mpeg option?

for dvd compatibility (but you need a second program such as replex + an authoring
program such as dvdauthor)

Home | Main Index | Thread Index