[linux-dvb] Re: budget DVB-S the neverending problem....

Hi,

I had the same problem with a rev 1.6 card and a second budget card.

My first workaround was to insert a automatic reboot after starting and stopping
the vdr software.
But this took a long time and was very annoying.

After some time I found a better solution:

I initialize the budget card with the szap command and after tuning the first channel
szap stops (there is an szap option to do this automatically).

Then everything works as expected.

Regards
Reiner

Robert Schlabbach schrieb:

What card is this? The TT budget DVB-S ones I've seen (ALPS or Philips
tuner + STV0299B demodulator) did _not_ require _any_ firmware.

Regards,« -- Robert Schlabbach e-mail: robert_s@gmx.net Berlin, Germany ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Reiche" <mark.reiche@gmx.de> To: <linux-dvb@linuxtv.org> Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2004 7:56 PM Subject: [linux-dvb] budget DVB-S the neverending problem....

Hi Folks,

the problem I mean is and stays the same: The card only delivers data after a Windows boot.

I talked to some Linux guys and they assumed, that the windows driver could load some kind of firmware code into the card's RAM so that it is preserved over a warm boot, but lost on power down.

So my question is: Has anyone of you an idea, how i could read (and possibly write) the card's RAM to get the firmware there? Or is there a way to extract it from the windows driver itself?

Regards,
Mark

Home | Main Index | Thread Index