[linux-dvb] Re: budget DVB-S the neverending problem....

It is an Hauppauge WinTV Nova-S SE; with AFAIK a philips tuner. I know that such a card is not supposed to have a firmware, but this was just a try to explain the strange behavior.

Instead I could also say, the windows driver seems to do some kind of "magic" to the card the makes it work - even under linux, provided there was no cold boot inbetween. That is why I am looking for a way to conserve this "enchanted" state, so to be able to do some similiar "magic" under linux...

And my hope is, that among this list, there is some developer with more knowledge than me (which is not that hard...) who could give me a hint...

Thanks,
Mark

Robert Schlabbach schrieb:

What card is this? The TT budget DVB-S ones I've seen (ALPS or Philips
tuner + STV0299B demodulator) did _not_ require _any_ firmware.

Regards,«

Home | Main Index | Thread Index