[linux-dvb] Re: kernel I2C question

On Sunday 08 August 2004 12:26, Holger Waechtler wrote:
> Kenneth Aafløy wrote:
> > Strange, that I can still see frontend related code in ttusb-budget, and
> > no related commits to a split, of either ttusb module. I can see that
> > ttusb-budget actually registers a (dvb_i2c) bus, but I can't really see
> > how it's used, as it registered the frontend itself...
>
> are you sure you don't talk about the dec2000 driver which talks using a
> highlevel protocol to the device?
>
> The budget driver should only install the before/after handlers to set
> up the LNB control properly.

Indeed, your right, must have been half asleep :) Noticed another thing for
the ttusb-dec while looking at it when I was awake, and that is that
3000s_frontend_ioctl includes the parameter for lnb voltage/tone in
FE_SET_FRONTEND, but offcourse gets the value for these parameters from
FE_SET_TONE/VOLTAGE.

Kenneth

Home | Main Index | Thread Index