[linux-dvb] Re: Problems moving from 2.4 drivers to 2.6 drivers

Please read the news on http://linuxtv.org/.

> One thing I should mention is that I originally got messages like the
> following when I tried to load the DVB modules:
>
> Unknown symbol release_firmware
> Unknown symbol request_firmware
>
> I resolved this by doing 'modprobe firmware_class', but I'm absolutely
> certain this is not the right thing to do, although it did alleviate the
> symptoms.

It is the right thing, unless you build the firmware loader into the
kernel instead of modular.

> In addition, I had to comment out '#modprobe crc32' because I don't have
> the crc32 module. But nothing that I need seems to depend on it, so I
> think I got away with commenting it out. I don't think it's important, but
> I thought I'd better mention it.

DVB depends on crc32, so you probably have it in your kernel.

Johannes

Home | Main Index | Thread Index