[linux-dvb] Re: Pinnacle PCTV SAT CI

On Friday 13 August 2004 16:08, Gino Lupino wrote:

> I am trying to use a Pinnacle PCTV Sat Ci card (type 0x71, not 0x5e) on

Don't you mean 0x68? README.bt8xx says you should use card=0x68 and cx24110
frontend for pinnacle pctv cards. But then again it also says that if you
select wrong your system will lock, hard (I've tried this myself and
indeed it does), so you probably have it right. Worth a try though,
just sync;sync;sync before you do :)

> modprobe bttv hw_i2c=1
> bttv: Unknown parameter `hw_i2c'
> bttv0: using: Twinhan DST + clones [card=113,autodetected]

You mean i2c_hw=1. Though modinfo tells me there is no such option anyway.
Probably some old 2.4 feature someone forgot to remove. The docs say you
should also have card=0x71 on that line as it will "override the PCI type
detection for dvb-bt8xx, which is necessary for TwinHan cards". So if I
understand correctly that means that autodetection is bad with the dst
frontend.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index