[linux-dvb] Firmware wont upload

Opps sorry for the no subject:

Hey Guys I have tried a whole bunch of times now with several
distributions and a whole bunch of kernels (all 2.6x though) right up to
2.6.8.1 and no matter what I do I cannot get the kernel to upload the
firmware for my WinTV nova-t card. If I try I just persistantly get an
error message during boot that it failed to upload the firmware. Here is
the full (TV related) output from dmesge:

Linux video capture interface: v1.00
bttv: driver version 0.9.15 loaded
bttv: using 8 buffers with 2080k (520 pages) each for capture
tvaudio: TV audio decoder + audio/video mux driver
tvaudio: known chips:
tda9840,tda9873h,tda9874h/a,tda9850,tda9855,tea6300,tea6420,tda8425,pic16c54 (PV951),ta8874z
SAA5246A (or compatible) Teletext decoder driver version 1.7
SAA5249 driver (SAA5249 interface) for VideoText version 1.7
saa7146: register extension 'budget dvb'.
saa7146: register extension 'budget dvb /w video in'.
saa7146: register extension 'budget_ci dvb'.
ACPI: PCI interrupt 0000:01:09.0[A] -> GSI 17 (level, high) -> IRQ 17
saa7146: found saa7146 @ mem e087d000 (revision 1, irq 17)
(0x13c2,0x1011).
DVB: registering new adapter (TT-Budget/WinTV-NOVA-T  PCI).
bt878 find by dvb adap: checking "TT-Budget/WinTV-NOVA-T  PCI"
bt878 find by dvb adap: NOT found "TT-Budget/WinTV-NOVA-T  PCI"
tda1004x: Detected Philips TDA10045H.
tda1004x: Detected Philips TD1316 tuner.
tda1004x_fwupload: Unable to open firmware
/usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/tda1004x.bin
TT-Budget/WinTV-NOVA-T  PCI adapter 0 has MAC addr = 00:d0:5c:22:0b:bf
saa7146: register extension 'budget_patch dvb'.
saa7146: register extension 'dvb'.
usbcore: registered new driver ttusb-dec
usbcore: registered new driver Technotrend/Hauppauge USB-Nova
bt878: AUDIO driver version 0.0.0 loaded

I am certain that the firmware is located in the specified directory,
that it does indeed have the correct name and that it is the correct
version - since I asked the manufacturer to send it to me. Everything
else in my kernel is as it should be. Moreover I have tried every
firmware version available  over the last 18 months - which I believe is
when I first bought this card - including the original firmware that
came on the CD.

Can anyone suggest where I might be going wrong?

On what does successful firmware uploading depend on in the kernel?

I noticed an option for hotplug firmware uploading, but it is currently
unelectable (there is no check box next to it) - and I am not at all
certain if this is significant. In the one kernel version I did try that
had it enabled (in SuSe) it didn't seem to make any difference anyway,
as the firmware still refused to upload.

I have fixed the permissions for the firmware and it's directory to read
write and execute for all, similarly so with my /dev/dvb directory.

Is there anything at all anyone can think of that I might have missed?

Best regards,

GJ

--- Begin Message ---

--- End Message ---