[linux-dvb] Re: ATSC Parameters

On Thursday 09 December 2004 07:52, Manu Abraham wrote:
> On Thu December 9 2004 10:36 am, Luke Jenkins wrote:
> > AVR Freaks has a Design Note written by Thomas Dais that might be the
> > solution for you:
> >
> > http://www.avrfreaks.net/Tools/ToolFiles/411/DN_048.pdf
> >
> > It monitors the clock and data lines and dumps the data to a serial port.
> >
> > It is only a few chips and could be built on perf board. The only
> > challenge you might have is programing the chip.
>
> The problem would be the AVR programmer..

It is quite easy to build one on your own, and there are Linux tools to
program (in case). The better ones have one logic chip. Surf the net,
you will find some designs.

The version I built for myself some while ago is a tiny parallel port adapter
with a cable and a connector for a prototyping board. This means you
have to lay the wires for different AVR chips, but its cheaper this
way than to build adapters for different AVR chips.

--Stefan

Home | Main Index | Thread Index