[mpeg2] Re: Kfir board: DVB interface and resolution

 > How to want to connect these cards? via modulator, IP oder directly
 > (file/pipe) ?

Well, this really depends on what we have available on the interface. As
Visiontech was bought by a company called broadcom and they don't advtertise the
board anymore, we cannot expect a lot from there, and I don't know what we can
figure out by ourselves in this....

Ideally I would like to connect the cards internally (cable of some sort)
but I think this is too far fetched. This would be the transparent solution
however. Make the DVR software "think" it's getting a normal stream just as it
would from tuning in to a satellite or cable channel, although it is provided by
the Kfir card.

If the interface is non-functional, the file/pipe, ip (and modulator perhaps)
will still be available as an option when the software is adapted to react to
such a solution.

Mayby my view is a bit simplistic but the Siemens card (or any DVB card for that
matter) expects a DVB stream and I would like the Kfir card to provide it. The
Kfir card expects a video-signal which can be provided to one of it's inputs.

My hopes are not too high for this, but it would create a lot of possibilities
in cooperation with the great VDR.

Marcel

Home | Main Index | Thread Index