[mpeg2] Re: Jumpy Video

Torsten Howard writes:
 > One more question.  This is a long time in coming.
 > Setting PAL/NTSC dynamically.
 >
 > How do I modify kernel parameters from user space?
 > I guess it would be necessary to write a /dev interface
 > for the kfir module?
 >
 > If anyone has a pointer to a web page or book
 > recommendation, I would be grateful.

The online version of the 2nd edition of "Linux Device Drivers" can be
found at
http://www.xml.com/ldd/chapter/book/bookindexpdf.html

Maybe we should ask everybody on the mailing list for suggestions for
sensible ioctl calls that should be included in a MPEG encoder card
driver. There probably will be other such cards in the future and a
common API like the video4linux API for grabber cards will help all
developers of user space applications.

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
mocm@netcologne.de                     http://www.metzlerbros.de