[mpeg2] Problem compiling driver on Redhat 7.2

Hi there.

I recently acquired de MPEG-2 kfir based board from linuxtv.org and it works so fine on windows 98 for me.

My problem is when I enter the linux RedHat 7.2 arena :

I followed the step-by-step procedure to install the driver, but it does not compile! I am able to extract the microcode, but when it comes to compile the modules, it doesn't work. The kernel is version 2.4.7-10.

Do you recommend that I use another linux version of RedHat? Maybe 7.0, 7.1 ?

Or do you have any step-by-step guide to fix de bugs in the compilation in Redhat 7.2 or Kernels 2.4 and above?

one of them is the typical deprecation of the used include malloc.h in the driver code.

Thank you very much.

David Marí Martínez
dmari@lavinia.tc
LavíniaTC