[mpeg2] Re: Problem compiling driver on Redhat 7.2

On Fri, 2002-04-12 at 21:08, David Marí wrote:

> Hi there.
>
> I recently acquired de MPEG-2 kfir based board from linuxtv.org and it works so fine on windows 98 for me.
>
> My problem is when I enter the linux RedHat 7.2 arena :
>
> I followed the step-by-step procedure to install the driver, but it does not compile! I am able to extract the microcode, but when it comes to compile the modules, it doesn't work. The kernel is version 2.4.7-10.
>
> Do you recommend that I use another linux version of RedHat? Maybe 7.0, 7.1 ?
>
> Or do you have any step-by-step guide to fix de bugs in the compilation in Redhat 7.2 or Kernels 2.4 and above?
>
> one of them is the typical deprecation of the used include malloc.h in the driver code.
>

> Thank you very much.

What error are you getting? I remember I commented out the i2c stuff and
just used the kernels, which worked for me...

--
Stephen Norris	  srn@fn.com.au
Farrow Norris Pty Ltd	+61 417 243 239

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar --
-- File: signature.asc
-- Desc: This is a digitally signed message part

Home | Main Index | Thread Index