[mpeg2] Kfir question

Hello all,

I have been thinking about buying the kfir card from
BMK. I would like to use this card to capture data
from a s/video or composite connection and store the
mpeg for viewing at a later time via my dxr3.

Hunting around the internet I think I found a mpeg
capture (from a kfir / linux combo). Playing this file
through my dxr3 resulted in very poor sync.

My question: Does anyone use a kfir/dxr3 combo to do
something similar to what I have described above? This
information will help me determine if I should make
this investment in time/money.

Thanks in advance,
Ryan

=====
Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you criticize him, you are a mile away and you have his shoes!