[mpeg2] Re: WinTV/PVR.

> I'm writing a WinTV PVR driver for Plan 9, and I can't seem to
> find the MSG3435G on the I2C bus (see also a posting on
> Feb 9, 2001).  I was wondering if anybody knows how to
> drive/reach the sound processor from the Bt878.

You might want to take a look at our work in progress driver
on pvr.sourceforge.net.  Development's a little slow at present
but due to resume again very shortly.  It might be useful for us
to colaborate - what do you reckon?

Anyway, the problem with the MSG3435G might be similar to
that which we had with the MSP3400 or the SAA7113.

The MSP3400 was not visible until the Altera had been inititalised
as it's the FPGA that forms the connections between a good many
of the boards components.  I'd imagine that you're past this point
though.

However hard I tried, I could not communicate with the SAA7113
using straight I2C.  I had to convert the driver to use the smbus
subset and then it seemed to work fine.

All the best,
    Simon

Home | Main Index | Thread Index