[mpeg2] Re: WinTV/PVR.

On Thu, 2002-05-09 at 10:17, Simon Turvey wrote:
> > I'm writing a WinTV PVR driver for Plan 9, and I can't seem to
> > find the MSG3435G on the I2C bus (see also a posting on
> > Feb 9, 2001).  I was wondering if anybody knows how to
> > drive/reach the sound processor from the Bt878.
>
> You might want to take a look at our work in progress driver
> on pvr.sourceforge.net.  Development's a little slow at present
> but due to resume again very shortly.  It might be useful for us
> to colaborate - what do you reckon?
Simon, I can send you the stuff I've done after some cleanup (no mpeg2
data yet..) When do think you have your machine up and running?

Also, since the kfir module doesn't have access to any i2cbus directly,
it doesn't have the struct i2c_client pointer for the saa7113 module
either. How did you plan on sending commands to it? use ioctl's through
/dev/i2c-x, or glue the modules together in a bttv-card specific
initialization method?

My stuff if a bit messy, since I currently init both the saa71134 module
and the btdma module from the kfir module, in order to make them
communicate.

Also, It would be nice to have softice logs for only the part when the
winme wintv2000 app goes from pause to record. From what I can see, the
softice
--
-Torgeir

Home | Main Index | Thread Index