[mpeg2] Re: kfir MPEG 2 Board

torsten ha scritto:
> On Sun, 17 Nov 2002 16:05:21 +0100
> Christian Zoffoli <czoffoli@xmerlin.org> wrote:
>

>>Hi to all.
>>I plan to buy such board and i'm want to collect more infos about it.
>>
>>Is this board capable to output high quality streams (comparable to
>>broadcast) ? ...Is it the only MPEG 2 board that works on Linux ?
>>

> Output is comparable to input.  It is "Broadcast Quality."  It encodes
> at the resolution of the input (NTSC or PAL).
>
> There are more MPEG2 solutions available for Linux, see
> www.linuxmedialabs.com
> http://linuxmedialabs.com/LML_products.php?category=0&PHPSESSID=93ab368a41d1f19ade7c78cb69045d91
> MPEG compression PCI board: $250

as i can see on the spec details the LML1011 (the only on that make MPEG
in hw) works at lower resolution (and only MPEG1). I'm searching for a
realtime MPEG2 solution because i need a smaller stream compared to
MJPEG and a good video quality.

> If you have plenty of time, I would recommend looking at
> MJPEG boards.  They are cheaper ($15 on ebay), have comparable
> or better quality.  It can take a couple of hours to convert
> an MJPEG stream to MPEG stream.

I have some Pinnacle DC10+ ...but the bandwidth needed is too high.

Thanks,
Christian

Home | Main Index | Thread Index