[mpeg2] Re: Question about the MPEX encoder board

Andrew de Quincey schrieb:

The MPEX is MUCH better. They don't gradually drift out of AV sync within a few days. We've had them deployed on multiple sites for months. The only problem with them is they don't like it when the video feed is unplugged; you generally have to restart the userspace program reading from the card if this happens.

Video quality looks good.
Yep, I can confirm this. I have modified Klaus' sky-plugin to make vdr work with my mpex card. The result is great. ;-)

You are able to set the bitrate parameters, but be warned that it seems quite sensitive to the exact parameters used; if you get them wrong, you get weird breakup effects.
I use the drivers default.

best regards
Alfred

Home | Main Index | Thread Index