[mpeg2] Re: Question about the MPEX encoder board

Andrew de Quincey schrieb:

The MPEX is MUCH better. They don't gradually drift out of AV sync within a few days. We've had them deployed on multiple sites for months. The only problem with them is they don't like it when the video feed is unplugged; you generally have to restart the userspace program reading from the card if this happens.

Video quality looks good.

You are able to set the bitrate parameters, but be warned that it seems quite sensitive to the exact parameters used; if you get them wrong, you get weird breakup effects.
I built an vdr plugin to use the mpex card (tuner version) for analog recording. Last usage of this card is about two or three month ago.

Now - I want to release my plugin source - I tested it with the latest kernel 2.4.26 and the latest v4l2-patch an I get no audio packets, grrrr....

tscap from Andrew also only captures video, no audio.

Therefore I need some help:

Can somebody test this card with kernel 2.4.26? Maybe my card is broken.

Has somebody the kraxel-v4l2-patch for kernel 2.4.23? This was my last known working configuration

thanks in advance
Alfred

Home | Main Index | Thread Index