[vdr] Re: Turning OSD off?

Rainer Zocholl wrote:

> Klaus just added a lot of very usefull and nesscary
> messages to the screen to make VDR more "interactive".
> Thanks a lot! :-)
>
> But:
> If there a way to temporary disable the OSD?

Put a

  return;

at the very beginning of both

  cInterface::Open()
and
  cInterface::Close()

Haven't actually tested this, but I guess it should work.

> Background:
> If the recording should be copied to a an anlog tape
> it's not so funny to have OSD-Messages recorded too ;-)
>
> A solution maybe playing back on the non-primary display.
> But: How to do?
> And: How if the second card is only a low budget?

There is currently no mechanism to do that, and it will require
several changes to have this implemented "cleanly". Therefore
I haven't done it yet. But that has already been suggested,
so I know what you mean.

Klaus