[vdr] Re: Turning OSD off?

Am 17.09.2001 23:37:51, schrieb Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de>:

>Come to think of it: you might try switching the primary interface to your second
>card, starting the replay and then switching the primary interface back to your
>first card. This would, of course, show the menu at the very beginning of the replay,
>but once you've switched back there should be no more disturbances on your second
>card's output. Haven't tried that yet, but might be worth a shot.

OK.. now I did it. Yes... it works somehow with nice effects :-) the replay stays on the second card and all the OSD-stuff changes to the first card showing live-tv of the
last tuned channel. You can even switch channels on card one via the channel-list and partly the numbers (the cursors and the keys used while replaying are still active
for the replay-session on card two, so you get a strange mix of remote-functions). And of course you may not switch to a channel that needs the card which replays or
start a new replay-session. As a side-effect, the replay also triggered the well-known CAM-problem that "locks" decrypting to the last decrypted channel :-(.
So.. all in all it solves at least Rainers problem with OSD-stuff appearing on the Video while still requiring a sensible use of the remote unless you want unmotivated
pause/search-modes on the tape :-)

Greetings,   Marcus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index