[vdr] Re: Performanceproblem with vdr on Linux 2.4.4, reiserfs, raid5

Emil Naepflein wrote:
> I have noticed that the cpu usage goes up to 100 % on my 700 MHz Duron
> system. The cpu time is used by bdflush. It would be interesting for me
> to see how much cpu is used on other systems.

I have been using xfs on linux for a few months now and it
is absolutely phantastic!
None ofe the many problems I had with reiserfs have occured
under xfs.
I would assume that all the trouble will be gone once you
use xfs.

> I also noticed that with VDR 0.84 and the driver downloaded from the vdr
> homepage last sunday there are occassional dropouts in live viewing.

Klaus has observed these dropouts with the latest driver as well.

I have observed "only" sound dropouts with the latest driver
and only on certain channels.

Has anyone else seen any of this?

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index