[vdr] Re: problems with libdvdread-0.9

Ernst Lehmann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> sorry for the traffic :)
>
> After fixing my sound problem, I tried the as patch from Andreas, but it

Which vdr version, which driver version, which as patch are you using?

> hangs after the first few seconds. And in this seconds, there only comes
> sound, but no picture.

I have observed complete system freezes during experiments with the LPCM syncing. Are you still able to stop vdr or do you have to reboot your system?

Also, the current experimnetal syncing make a lot of assumtion about the
  DVD stream layout, which as i discovered yesterday are not universal
true for all DVD's.

> I think the reason is somewhere in the libdvdread-0.9. It seems to me,
> that this library has some problems.
>
> I am using:
>
> - libdvdread-0.9
> - libdvdcss-0.0.3-ogle
>
> The same DVD worked with libdvdread-0.8 and libcss, the only problem was
> the sound delay.
>
> Anybody same experiences ? Or some hints, what I might have done wrong in
> the installation of libdvdread and libdvdcss ?

check if vdr is linked to the correct libdvdread.

Regards

    Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index