[vdr] Re: Commands executed in connection with timers

Thursday, September 20, 2001, 12:10:03 PM, William E. Mrozinski wrote:

WEM> [...]
WEM> Its almost impossible to hear a hard drive spinning unless you place your ear
WEM> directly on top of it.  The noise you hear is the cpu and/or power supply

Hm, my HD creates a sound in a noticable frequency range (high
frequencies) that disappears after spinnung down the disk.
Despite the power supply fan I can hear it and it's very very
annoying.
The disks in my other machine don't show this behaviour.

--
Tbs,
 Mathias Born

Home | Main Index | Thread Index