[vdr] Re: vdr[3330]: ERROR: can't record MPEG1! - possible cause

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> Andreas Schultz wrote:
>
>>Andreas Schultz wrote:
>>

>>>Hi all,
>>>
>> [...]

>>>An untested patch for the problem.is attached.
>>>
>>attachements don't work :-(, so here it is again:

[...]

> I like this idea a lot - but apparently this doesn't compile under Linux :-(

stupid me, i copied it from one my other projects and forgot a define. A
fixed patch is at
<http://www.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~aschultz/dvd/mt-test.patch>

I have still not verified that it works, but it compiles at least.

> The function pthread_mutexattr_settype() is only available if __USE_UNIX98
> is defined in /usr/include/pthread.h, which apparently is not the case.
> Simply declaring this function in VDR's thread.c doesn't help, either, because
> then the linker doesn't find it.
>
> Do you have any futher idea how this can be used?

just add -D_GNU_SOURCE to the Makefile

> BTW: there are in fact cases where the mutexes are used recursively, for instance
> when switching channels, so we do need this functionality...

Solaris doesn't have recursive Posix Mutex's, do you need Solaris
support too? :-]

Andreas

> Klaus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index