[vdr] Re: DVD Language

Thomas Koch wrote:

> Am 26.9.2001 um 16:45 schrieb Andreas Schultz:
>

>>You could also try to enable DVDDEBUG in dvbapi.c and send me the
>>output, in the hope that this might help to determine whats going wrong.
>>I has a quick look at the source and nothing jump out at me as the
>>probable cause.
>>

> Whoops, i think it's my fault. After a few tests i know whats happening.
> Language during replay takes now a long time (almost 10 seconds).
> I switched the language, after 5 seconds nothing happens. I switched the
> language again and after another 5 seconds it switched to german and 5
> seconds later it switched to englisch again.

ok, the problem is, that the buffer used in cPlayBuffer is to big. I
increased it to 8MByte, which is arround 10 seconds worth of video and
audio. This needs fine tuning. The video buffer should be at most 1
second deep and the audio buffer should basicly take any audio that is
comming in during that time, no matter how much that really is.

I will probably change it on the weekend, unless somebody (hint!) does
it first ;-))

Andreas

> Ciao, Thomas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index