[vdr] Re: AW: Re: VDR and analogue video in/out

On Fri, 28 Sep 2001, Gerhard Andreas (RtW1/WIR1) wrote:

> >OK - well in my case its not attractive to buy a DVB-S card when I can
> >receive almost no English language broadcasts with it.  It would be hard
> >to justify to buy the card purely for display of MPEG video.
> agreed on that. But afaik Sky is supposed to make Videoguard CAMs available
> in 2002 due to EU-legislation. There are already some pictures on the net of
> those. So, although not being finally sure about that, it should be possibly
> to get the Sky/BBC-channels with VDR then.

Are you sure about that ? For all I have heard about Sky, they don't care
about any EU-legislation. It's cheaper for them to pay for breaking EU-l.
than to provide CAMs.
I hope you are right, because I'm waiting for that day too. Until then I
have to use the "Sky-digi-box" and no VDR for these programs.

Armin

Home | Main Index | Thread Index