[vdr] AC3 with 0.96-as2 problems

Hi List, hi Andreas,

I just installed the as2 patch for VDR-0.96. But I have heavy trouble with
external AC3 decoder.

Setup:

- VDR-0.96
- DVB (Snapshot 7 days old)
- AS-2 Patch
- libdvdread 0.9.1
- libdvdcss 0.0.3ogle

- Alsa 0.9 beta 7 with ac3dec (works with a sample ac3 stream very good)
- Creative Opensource driver (CVS Snap, 10 days old) with play-ac3
  (works with the sample stream, too)

Problems:

If using vdr with the -a flag video runs around 5 seconds, but very rough,
and no audio at all. Then display hangs. But you can stop replay via OSD.

If I strace the ac3 process, there is nothing. It looks to me, that there
is no data transferred to the external ac3-process at all.

Has anybody other observations. Perhaps a running systems with external
AC3-decoder ? And perhaps a other setup ?

LPCM playing works fine. Audio switching works fine, too. Thats all ok.

Thanks for any help, and thanks to Andreas for the great patch.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index