[vdr] Re: Programm VDR over Web

> They may even be supportive regarding that data transfer
> via the vertical retrace period (Austastlücke)? After
> all, it would again indirectly produce additional banner-ad
> watching. I guess it would not hurt to ask them.
> But it will of course also do no good, unless you know
> how to RECEIVE the data in vdr.

Maybe you mistunderstand his idea (or do i?):

He want's to click around in some program guide (may it be tvtv) at his
office PC or some public-access web terminal from anywhere in the world
and then press a button at that webpage, a user@host & password box appears,
you enter the necessary information to log into your vdr-box at home (which
is online via flatrate), and your VDR gets programmed.

All that (except the password/login) can be done with vdr already via SVDRP
assuming your firewall does'nt block the port you choose for vdr.

Vdr just has to be compiled with libcrypt and password/login has to be added,
it has to be hardened against possible buffer overflow/DoS/password-cracking
and other weaknesses as other services are.

Ah - another mail - doing it via cronjob is another idea, but with mine the
service-provider would have no problem ;-)

Home | Main Index | Thread Index