[vdr] Re: rev 2.1 card video connector

pgueneau@wanadoo.fr(Patrick GUENEAU)  02.10.01 10:21

Once upon a time Patrick GUENEAU shaped the electrons to say...

>I know this has been discussed here in the past.

>But i can't find a real answer for this question :

>what kind of output is available on new rev 2.1 cards ?

>It seems to be a special mini-din connector.

Yes. Very "sensitive" :-)

>- can we plug a s-video (Y/C) in it ;

No! Only Compomist ^W composit on Cinch(RCA)!

>what about sound connection in that case ?

Digital Sound and R+L on Cinch(Koax)
R+L too on 3.5mm  to be feed into sound card input (if
this not on the front...the cables are only 20cm in length.

>- is there any adapter included

Yes, Mini-DIN to to Cinch composit :-(

>or available as an option  for Y/C or RGB + Audio ?

>  (like the one found on DXR3/H+/Netstream cards)

No. There is absoletly no sense to make a Y/V (S-video) from
a composit signal...(Ok, if you TV only supports S-video...)
but it is possible... ;-) (But you will not have
a better quality. A boiled edd stays boiled even if you cool
it down again.)

Home | Main Index | Thread Index