[vdr] Re: CPU too fast??

steffen.koch@sphinx-elektronik.de(Koch, Steffen)  04.10.01 08:09

Once upon a time Koch, Steffen shaped the electrons to say...

>Are there any known issues that a celeron 500 is too "fast" for
>simultaneous record and playback? I've two Hauppauge 1.3 cards and
>with a k6-3 400 (asus p5a) it works fine. yesterday I tried a
>siemens-board with a celeron 500 and experienced dropouts every 2 or 3
>seconds. I've read about "speed"-problems here some time ago. but I
>thought they would appear at faster speeds like 800 MHz or so.

CPU Speed seems not to be the omly parameter.

Meanwhile i disabled the second card on the P3 1000 FSB 133.

I tried a Celeron 700MHz with 66MHz FSB and had
such "dropouts" too. Those might be
 - artefacts in image
 - "tweets" in audio
 - "no audio" or simply
 - a/v becoming async.

The number of artefacts depends of cause on the image.
"Domain" WDR 1:00--2:00 for example is mostly Ok:
There are almost no chages in the image ;-)
MTV fails entirely in seconds.

Try to record channel "Colorbars" on the second card.
This failed here on the second card.
It works on the frist card.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index