[vdr] MPlayer <-> VDR

On 04 Oct 2001 "Martin Hoffmann" <ma.hoff@bigfoot.com> wrote:
>> > did you allready think about mplayer <-> VDR ?
>>
>> Not much. And so far I don't have an idea how to do this in VDR.
>> The structure of VDR doesn't allows easy release of the dvb devices at
>> runtime. So much things to watch (timers, EIT scanner).
>
> How does VDR handle it when replaying DVDs ? Then also at least one card is
> occupied and can't be used for timers or EIT !?
> And VDR's own playback is the same ?

Not, it's not the same, as in all these cases the dvb device
isn't released. It's used inside VDR. DVD replay isn't done with
an externel tool, so you can't compare it with MPlayer.

> Maybe one could integrate mplayer this way and "fool" vdr that it's playing
> DVD at the moment ... Or Klaus could implement something that gives one card
> free for another application until it ends - or something ...

This is the option and maybe Klaus knows how to do this clean ...
I have no solution at the moment.

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan