[vdr] Re: CPU too fast??

Emil.Naepflein@philosys.de(Emil Naepflein)  05.10.01 12:32

Once upon a time Emil Naepflein shaped the electrons to say...

>On 04 Oct 2001 16:52:00 +0200, Usenet-372112@zocki.toppoint.de (Rainer
>Zocholl) wrote:

>> Which kernel?

>Suse 7.1 with 2.4.4 kernel.

Hm, tried 2.4.4 too with no signicant gain...

It seems not to be 2.4.x kernel related.
(Maybe i should try 2.2.16 or so?
because once that box works (but never 100% error free, but there are
others who complain about artefacts, "tweets" and a/v async too (VDR
pulls the a/v back to sync so this Problem does not persist for long and
may not be worth mailing.)  )

AMDs seems to have never (visible) problems
Less than 701 MHzz Intels seems to be Ok (visible) too.

"vdr[1045]: ERROR: can't record MPEG1!" may not lead to artefacts,
but (AFAIK) indicates, that there is heavy garbage in the buffer.
Is that assumption correct?
How can garbage get into the usermemory space?
(I would assume that error checking is done on the DVB-board/Chips)

I'll remove the CL2 133MHz DRAMs an replace with old 66MHz/100MHz DRAMs...
Screw screw screw :-))

Is there a way to load the error rate from the DVB-board?

Home | Main Index | Thread Index